• Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year.
• Closing Date: Monday 8th July 2019
• Interview Date: TBC
• Job Start Date: ASAP
• Contract/Hours: Full time, permanent
• Salary: Grade 6 point 12 to 17. £21,769 to £23,836 dependant on experience.
The governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic site manager to join our amazing team in the heart of Southampton.
You will have a good understanding of the management of buildings, from repairs and maintenance through to Health & Safety. You will play a vital role in improving the teaching and learning environment and be involved in the management of the site team.
To be successful in this roll you will need to be a good team leader and have previous experience of managing educational buildings or comparable skills from other organisation within building and maintenance. Within this post you will be required to carry out repairs and maintenance.
You will be a responsible key holder and represent the school in dealing with contractors & suppliers involved in the repair and upkeep of the building and site and be responsible for the school premises when they are used for external lettings.
We can offer you:
· A great working environment, with children that are keen to learn.
· Professional Development and support which will allow you to grow into your role
· To be the principal key holder, responsible for access to, and security of, the school site including emergency and out of hours call-outs as required
· To supervise, train and monitor the cleaning staff, and ensure that the school site is cleaned and maintained to a high standard. This may involve arranging, undertaking and/or overseeing deep cleaning of the buildings during school closure periods
· To create and maintain a safe environment, ensuring that Health and Safety Regulations and Safe Working Procedures are adhered to and Risk Assessments and H&S inspections are carried out at appropriate intervals
· To check and maintain the Fire Alarm, ensure that Fire Doors are operating correctly, and to assist the Headteacher with the organisation of the termly Fire Drill
· To check the building daily for break-ins, vandalism and damage and to organise emergency repairs to make the school safe
· To ensure that all the major utilities (heating, lighting, water etc) are operating correctly, that equipment and appliances are switched on and off at the appropriate times and that minor repairs and upkeep (e.g. changing of light bulbs) is carried out
· To report defects and required maintenance works to the Headteacher/School Business Manager, supervise any external contractors/maintenance operatives whilst on site and ensure that all works are completed satisfactorily
· To undertake, or oversee, a rolling programme of internal redecoration and to carry out minor repair and maintenance work, within the scope of the post holder’s competence, as required
· To order caretaking and cleaning supplies within the allocated budget limits; to keep supplies safely and securely; and to ensure that consumables (soap, toilet rolls, hand towels etc) are replaced when required
· To prepare areas for school-related functions and activities, moving and setting up furniture and equipment as required
· To ensure the safety and cleanliness of outside areas, including clearing drains, removing litter and overseeing work carried out by grounds maintenance contractors
· To ensure the safety of the site during periods of bad weather, including clearing paths of snow, ice and fallen leaves and applying rock salt when required
· To take responsibility for out of hours lettings during evenings/weekends as required. (This duty will attract additional pay).
If you have any questions about this role or if you would like to arrange a visit to view this beautiful building please contact Richard Ware on 02380223634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on the requirements for this role can be seen within the Job Description and Person Specification, both of these are available for you to download from this webpage. The application form is also attached, please send completed applications to email@example.com before the closing date, noon on the 15th July.
Mount Pleasant Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS.