Most of the children attending Mount Pleasant Junior School live in Newtown, but we also welcome pupils from the surrounding area. Admission to the school is governed by the local authority, Southampton City Council, which allocate places. Children will spend four years with us before moving on to secondary school.

Mount Pleasant Junior School is a three form entry Junior School and children join us in Year 3. We are a linked school working closely with Maytree Nursery and Infant School. Whilst this is no guarantee of a place at Mount Pleasant Junior School, if your child attends the linked school it is a Priority used in the admission policy when allocating places as a result of over subscription.

If you are a prospective parent, we would be delighted to welcome you to Mount Pleasant Junior School. Please contact the school office to arrange a tour of the school.

Please click on the links below to view Mount Pleasant Junior Schools Admission Policies.

MPJS Admissions Policy 2023/2024

MPJS Admissions Policy 2024/2025

For all admission arrangements and for more information about school places please contact the Local Authority:

2022/2023 Southampton City Council Admission Page

You cannot apply online after the closing date or for places needed in this academic year. If you are not happy with your child’s current school you can request an in year transfer.

If your child has a Statement for Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan, you will need to contact the Special Needs Team on 023 8083 3270.

If you only intend to apply to an independent or private school, please advise the Admissions team in writing.

The contact number for the schools admission team for all other applications is 02380833004.

Southampton City admissions criteria can be found on our policies page.

Would you like to change your child's school during the school year and come to Mount Pleasant Junior School?

You can change your child’s school during the academic year if:

  • You have recently moved to Southampton
  • You are not happy with your child’s current school

To change your child’s school during the academic year, you will need to complete a paper in-year application form.

  • If your child is on roll at a school in the city, even if they aren’t attending, please complete the form at your child’s current school. They will forward it to us.
  • If your child does not have a school place, or you live outside the city, either:
    • Call us on 023 8083 3004 and ask for an application form to be sent to you
    • Collect a form from Gateway at One Guildhall Square

Contact: [email protected]

Please note that you cannot visit the Admissions Team in person.